[Vtigercrm-developers] Email marketing scenario

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 14:42:21 GMT 2016

On 26/07/16 15:10, Błażej Pabiszczak wrote:

>  1. Can you fill some test system with data, eg. Add 10.000.000
>     records into the Accounts module?

yeah, I might have a go at that. I guess numbered data and some random
stuff should be fairly easy to generate. I am not expecting it to affect
the performance much.
> 2. Does your search engine allow to search parts of words, eg. I want
> to search for “EFG” in the word “ABCDEFGHI”?
it should do, yes but there may be a performance hit for putting a
wildcard at the start of the query. Looking at it now, I am not entirely
sure we are handling wildcards correctly, but the underlying engine
should work with them.

> 3. Can you add 10.000 users to the tested system?

won't make any different to the search performance as such - however
when we get the search results back we do a vtiger API query to see if
each crmid should  be seen by the current user, that way you can't find
things that are private and assigned to other people. I am not sure if
that scales to 10,000 users however if it doesn't then list views in
vtiger don't work either!