[Vtigercrm-developers] Email marketing scenario

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Fri Jul 15 13:31:55 GMT 2016

Whose fault is it that you used a sledgehammer to crack a nut? For the
search in the system to work efficiently, and quickly, and additionally
for it to be configurable, you don't need that much work [2 ~3 days] and
for 99% of clients that's enough. Even if that 1% needs more effective
or elastic search, then you can expand the search engine by some extra
mechanisms, so that it becomes part of the system. The moment when it
becomes necessary to use an external mechanism usually happens in case
of really large systems, that are used by thousands of users
simultaneously, and everything that can relieve the system really
matters.
But you are entitled to your own opinions, in mine - you don't have a
client who required an external search engine. You made it this way, so
that you can sell it and justify why a basic mechanism like that has to
be purchased. I have absolutely no problem with that, it's alright for
me, just don't say that it couldn't have been done in a different,
simpler way, beneficial to all Vtiger users.

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
_Chief Executive Officer_
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com

W dniu 2016-07-11 16:08, Alan Bell napisał(a):

> On 11/07/16 14:58, Błażej Pabiszczak wrote:
>
>> Let's put things in perspective - why does Vtiger need the "search" tool? If a client wants to find something, he can get in touch with the vendor and implement vlastic: http://www.libertus.co.uk/images/documents/vlastic-manual.pdf. Everyone looks for something else, why create a universal tool if you can complicate your life and just add new mechanisms, libraries, closed solutions.
> I think that is a little unfair as an example! vlastic is an integration between an open source full text search engine (elastic search) and vtiger. It really can't be core code, the elastic search server is huge and is tomcat based, entirely inappropriate to bundle with a PHP/Mysql application. Even if search was improved in vtiger there would still be benefits at scale for using elastic search. The old way of doing search was to do a like "%query%" across every column of every table, which works to a point but doesn't scale at all. The new way is to compute the label field and search just in that, which scales, but doesn't work very well. Vlastic scales and works, but isn't suitable as a core feature. If I had a solution that scales, and works, and is suitable to be core code then I would have done a merge request on code.vtiger.com, but I just don't.
>
> Vtiger is a crm class system and it should include hard-coded marketing mechanisms! Even if its marketing mechanism isn't too extended it should be integrated by default with a different ready-made solution, and the data should be taken from this solution in the system, If it doesn't have it [and it indeed doesn't] then Vtiger has as much to do with marketing as Joomla does - which means nothing. But in Joomla we can add everything we want, no matter the way.
>
> Every other solution like SugarCRM, Vtiger[OD], SuiteCRM got all the basic marketing mechanisms hard-coded, why won't Vtiger CE get them ...
>
> ---
> Z poważaniem / Regards
>
> BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
> _Chief Executive Officer_
> M: +48.884999123
> E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
> -------------------------
>
> YetiForce 3.0 LTS has arrived! Test [1] the latest, most innovative open source system in the world, and join [2] our community.
>
> W dniu 2016-07-11 11:33, Tim Mohrbach napisał(a):
>
> @Preexo
>
> It doesn't really matter what a particular tool can do, the key question is whether or not we have all the essential analytical data for reporting and analyzing data. What if you launch mailing from an external app, but you need all the mailing data in the crm itself; and when you convert from lead to an opportunity, then all the data gathered from mailing have to be in this opportunity, so that the sales person had all the data about the potential buyer. I don't get your difficulties.
> [...]

http://www.vtiger.com/

http://www.vtiger.com/

Links:
------