[Vtigercrm-developers] Email marketing scenario

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Fri Jul 8 09:51:49 GMT 2016

Here are the reasons we went towards an extensible platform, instead of a
bloated one.

1. Platform should be light with basic modules that all customers will find
useful
2. Let customers install the modules that they need. Not every customer
needs all the 100 modules. We made this installation easy with the
marketplace (as easy as installing a game on your phone)
3. Developers will create interesting plugins that we have not thought of
(think of all the interesting apps on the iPhone that Apple didn't build)

This model is embraced by many successful open source projects. Firefox has
extensions, Joomla and Wordpress have plugins..

Vtiger Marketplace lists both FREE and paid extensions. We list any
extension that meets the guidelines.

thank you,
Sreenivas