[Vtigercrm-developers] Dates in workflow emails are defaulted to today

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:09:10 GMT 2016

On 27/01/16 18:11, IT&M srl - Riccardo Guerriero wrote:
> Hi,
> just wanted to know if a fix for this bug we found is available or planned.
>
> What we found is that, if you add a DATE field (uitype 5) to a Workflow Send Mail body, the value for the given date field will be defaulted to the current date, if an empty value is set.
> We have a couple of fields that sometimes have to stay empty, and the person that receives the workflow email isn't able to tell whether the date is actually today, or if it's empty.

I don't know if this is still the case but in vtiger 5.4.0, when we used
the vtlib API to add date fields, if you wanted a field which *didn't*
default to today's date when you created a new record you could set the
field's generatedtype property to "2".

I wonder if this would help?

Cheers

Libertus Solutions