[Vtigercrm-developers] Happy New Year

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 8 02:54:50 GMT 2016

Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote
> As to the question of making Vtiger On Demand code open source, the answer
> is that we do not foresee doing that. On Demand service is a collection of
> applications that are running on different servers, CRM being one of them.
> There is Global search that is driven through Solr. Then there is Email
> campaigns service that we run through a network of servers. And there is a
> Email Archival and Response service for converting emails into tickets,
> ..etc. In addition, Notifications, and some of the connectors such as
> Quickbooks, and Zapier require intermediate services.

Thanks vtiger for actually getting back to this questions. What you write
makes totally sense.
Most of those features actually already have a replacement in anyway or
could easily be developed.

I think only some CRM core improvements from the on-demand version are
missing in the open source and it would already make it feel so much more
alike: e.g. the field and layout editor (including more UITypes), relation
editor, the module builder, the complete tax-engine (including regions), and
some other other administration configuration possibilities like changing
labels. And of course the whole layout.
That's what makes the on-demand look so different and feel so different to
me as a user! I have always wondered why you didn't share those improvements
with the open source version, since they obviously improve the CRM core and
the usability.

I don't mind that the on-demand has fancy connectors with quickbooks,
zapier, ... you name them, which I would have to develop myself or pay
someone to develop. Why not pay you for those...