[Vtigercrm-developers] documents module and file:// links

Manu urs manu.k at vtiger.com
Thu Jan 7 10:13:12 GMT 2016

Hi Alan ,

As the documents stored on a local file server, can be uploaded to the CRM
through the Download Type as Internal. Download Type as External is to
provide an URL of your external file location from where the file can be
downloaded. We need to restrict the internal file location's during the URL
validation. We will upload a patch for this validation.

Regards,
Manu Urs

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk> wrote:

> At the moment the documents module doesn't allow you to put in external
> file links to stuff stored on a file server, like a UNC path to something.
> You can in a web page have a link to file:///server/foo/bar and it works on
> various platforms, however with vtiger it appears that the link is opened
> via javascript and not just a browser link, and javascript can't open those
> type of URLs because of sandboxing. Is this something we should try to fix,
> or is this something that is just wrong to ask for and shouldn't be fixed?
>
> Alan.

Manu