[Vtigercrm-developers] Reset admin password

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Fri Feb 19 10:48:09 GMT 2016

yeah, that won't work. If you use the php crypt function on the password
you should get something valid for that field to put in the database,
you also need to set the user_hash field which is the MD5 of the hashed
password (no, I have no idea why).

so you would do something like:

$pass=crypt("adpexzg3FUZAk","$2a$07$thisisthesalt$"); $hash=md5($pass);
update vtiger_users set user_password = $pass, user_hash=$hash
crypt_type = 'BLOWFISH' where user_name = 'mina';
or, copy the user_password and user_hash from a user with a known password.

Alan.