[Vtigercrm-developers] Emails not sent by Ticket Workflows when 'Email Opt Out' = 1 Despite Condition being Removed

cryptic mark at markcox.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 14:40:50 GMT 2016

Has anyone come across this issue before and if so is there an easy fix?

Ticket workflows that send an email to a contact on creation or on update of
a ticket are not being sent if the 'Email Opt Out' field for the contact is
checked despite the condition being removed from the relevant workflows. I
have discovered that this occurs because of the following line of code in
the file

modules/com_vtiger_workflow/VTEmailRecipientsTemplate.inc

return $data['emailoptout'] == 0;

If I modify the above value to 1 then if a contact has the 'Email Opt Out'
field checked they receive the notification/update email from the ticket
workflows. Of course this is not the solution I require. The system should
send a notification / update to any contact if a ticket is created /updated
providing the 'Email Opt Out' condition is removed from the workflows. It
should not be hard coded whatsoever.

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/103