[Vtigercrm-developers] How to extend feature such as Global Search without core modifications ?

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:11:08 GMT 2016

Thanks Matteo but as I wrote, the module do not need any core file
modification anymore except searchResult function in
modules/Vtiger/models/Record.php

So using jQuery, once I will be able to override the default searchResult
and replace with mine, there will be no core file modification at all and
then module will be module manager compatible :)

I doubt that this feature will be officially included in VT6.5 and frankly I
don't want to wait for vTiger Team when I have the choice.

IMHO, this feature should be part of the standard feature and not only
available as an expensive paid module.

Thanks to Yetiforce Team, we have an almost ready module so let's finish the
job and give it back to the community ;)