[Vtigercrm-developers] How to extend feature such as Global Search without core modifications ?

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:24:10 GMT 2016

Re,

I don't manage to override basicSearch function.

My module name is : Search
Module folder is in /modules/Settings/Search
Module layout is in /layout/vlayout/modules/Settings/Search
Headerscript is in /layout/vlayout/modules/Settings/Search/resources/

I've added my HEADERSCRIPT in vtiger links, using Chrome DevTools I see in
Sources that it's properly loaded and no error displayed on Console.

At first, I would like to ensure that default basicSearch function is
disabled so I put the following code in my Js script :

Vtiger_Header_Js('Settings_Search_Header_Js',{
 basicSearch : function() {
return false;
 },
});

>From my understanding, it should totally disable basicSearch but my code
does nothing and basicSearch still working.

Did I missed something ?

Thanks,