[Vtigercrm-developers] How to extend feature such as Global Search without core modifications ?

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:13:09 GMT 2016

Hi,

I'm working on porting Global Search feature from Yetiforce to vTiger in
order to release it as Open Source module for community users.
https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/180872/global-search-not-work-on-custom-fields#Item_4

With the new version, I've been able to avoid core file hacks and store
search data in its own table in order to make it module manager compatible.

There is one thing I don't understand is how do I override / use my own
SearchResult function instead of the one provided by default in
/module/Vtiger/models/Record.php ?

There is a few paid modules that provide this kind of feature so I know it's
possible but I don't know how.

Do I have to use a HEARDERSCRIPT and jQuery in order to "catch" the orginal
SearchResult query and replace with mine ?