[Vtigercrm-developers] Integration with WhatsApp

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:27:01 GMT 2016

Yeah, exactly that was what I was thinking, xmpp integration should be quite
easy and straight forward.
I have just installed a xmpp server on the other day and was planning to
evaluate it for the company as a whatscrap replacement.

Can you share which library you used in particular?

Richard Hills - TechnologyWise wrote
> Just wanted to say, we have a custom workflows using xmpp messaging to
> alert our users of some actions. Was very simple to implement due to the
> large number of existing libraries for talking to xmpp with php.
>
> On 29/01/16 18:05, Tim Mohrbach wrote:
>> Are you really stuck with whatsapp for this? Chances are that
>> whatsapp/facebook will sooner or later tell you to shut down your
>> integration. They don’t like fiddling with their service. Looking
>> around the previous libraries and toolkits for doing something like
>> this, most of them were already told off, usually by threatening with
>> legal actions… I’m suprised there are still some left actually. Doing
>> the whole thing with Whatsapp is just not worth the effort from my
>> point of view.
>>
>> Anyway, I put the xmpp integration on my plan since you gave the idea,
>> I’ll let you know once I got anywhere with it.
>>

>>> On 28.01.2016, at 22:46, Lic. Gaston Podrez <

> gastonpodrez@

> >> <mailto:

> gastonpodrez@

> >> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for your advice guys! Thanks for the links Matteo, I’ll take a
>>> deep look at them.
>>> I was thinking that with the desktop version of whatsapp +
>>> webservices there was a chance to make something like this:
>>> •Send whatsapp messages with vTiger, manual and automatic (workflows)
>>> •Receive whatsapp messages (responses -linked to a previous sent
>>> message- o new ones)
>>> •Manage Campaigns
>>> •Manage stats
>>> •Record chats with customers
>>> If anyone is interested in the project please let me know (send plan,
>>> conditions, prices, etc.).
>>> Regards,
>>> GP