[Vtigercrm-developers] Ability to create new Quote without initially specifying a product? (RESOLVED)

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:38:01 GMT 2016

On 15/12/16 13:28, Alan Lord wrote:

> I seem to have found it. In the template file
> layouts/v7/modules/Inventory/partials/LineItemsContent.tpl on line 75/6
> where the input tag is defined, there is a hardcoded statement:
>
>> data-rule-required=true
>
> Changing that to false seems to work. I was able to save the Quote
> without a Line Item.

FYI:

Also, in the same directory in the file LineItemsEdit.tpl the label for
the product name column also has a hardcoded

If there is no good reason why a Quote can't be saved *before* adding a
product or service then I really fail to see why this is made mandatory.
This is the same with the address fields, quote stage etc.. But at least
these can be turned off in the layout editor ;-)