[Vtigercrm-developers] Day 1: We all know PHP

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 13:03:31 GMT 2016

Dear List-members, Here is some idea for the vtiger code base
refactoring ...
-----------------------
Thanks for checking out our 5-day crash course on *Guides to becoming a
Modern PHP Developer*.

    We all know PHP

In 1995, Rasmus Lerdorf released first version of PHP, It was nothing
like what we are using today. Back then, PHP consisted of a very simple
parser engine that understood a few limited macros. After all, Rasmus
Lerdorf was just using it to keep track of who was looking at his online
resume. Fast forward today, PHP is used in some of the largest Internet
companies in the world such as Facebook and Mailchimp.

    To become a Modern PHP developer

PHP is still growing at rapid pace. In the old days, to pick up PHP is
as easy as memorizing its syntax. Nowadays, people are talking about
using Composer to manage dependencies, following PSR coding standards,
using PDO with databases. The list goes on and on.

Old free resources online can no longer lead you to become a Modern PHP
developer, because they are mostly cluttered and unorganized. Even
worse, they might be outdated.

A modern PHP developer follows best practices of the present time. We
understand how hard it is to follow current best practices as a
beginner. We were there, it took us years of sweat and tears to learn
what we know today. Back then, we wished we had a guide to point us in
the right direction, to save us countless hours, and to help us reach
our goals more quickly.

That is why we made this - Guide to becoming a Modern PHP developer.

So are you a PHP beginner who wants to be a modern PHP developer? Are
you eager to know the way to progress in order to become a modern PHP
developer? Are you interesting in the best practices?

Tomorrow, we'll be delving into *Modernizing your codebase*.

​If you have any questions in the meantime, please hit the reply button
and drop me a line. I will respond personally to every email.

Until tomorrow,

Keep learning!
Xu
www.startutorial.com