[Vtigercrm-developers] vtlib API for Calendar: Activity Types

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:31:50 GMT 2016

I'm interested in creating a new module, or rather package of modules,
for vtiger. One thing I would like to be able to do would be to add a
new row to the vtiger_calendar_default_activitytypes and the
vtiger_calendar_user_activitytypes tables and also (obviously) then be
able to display the module's data on the Calendar.

But looking at the Calendar code and the database tables it looks like
this isn't really possible at the moment.

1. I can't see an API to help me "register" my new Activity type

2. In the vtiger_calendar_default_activitytypes table, some of the
values in the "fieldname" column are "real" fieldnames, and some are not

3. The "types" of calendar supported are hardcoded in the
Calendar_Feed_Action class

So right now, I can't do what I want to without hacking core code.

Please can we provide the often mentioned "custom object extend
mechanism"*. It would help everyone to be able to create new things
without having to constantly hack the core...

Cheers

Al

* Simply put; the main Loader class is modified to look first in a
hierarchy below a top level directory called "custom" (or similar). In
here could be *any* extended core classes and/or templates...