[Vtigercrm-developers] Input on optizing VT performance?

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 11:45:11 GMT 2016

On 02/08/16 12:34, socialboostdk wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm looking at optimizing the performance of VT, ie. compressing CSS,
> JS, etc. It also seems that there are many "overwrites" in the CSS
> where the same class is styled many times, etc.
JS/CSS optimising is mostly client side performance, which frankly on
modern PCs (or even phones/tables) isn't much of an issue. I think the
main thing to do with that is to get all the javascript libraries
updated from their sources and organised in a way that means they can be
easily updated in future. This is something I started in this branch
http://code.vtiger.com/alanbell/vtigercrm/tree/javascript_library_updates

> Does anyone have any experience in doing this and/or pointers on where
> to begin to get "maximum efficiency" for optimal effort?
yes, use xdebug to profile what it does in PHP, where it spends it's
time rendering a page (prior to 6.5 it was pretty much all in the
to_html function, 6.5 is a lot faster)
You can make sure apache caches things correctly, and use an opcode
cache for a general php performance boost.
If you spot any improvements please contribute them to code.vtiger.com