[Vtigercrm-developers] Roadmap 6.5 and 7

Manuel Fernando ptdesigner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:37:43 GMT 2016

About create a new fork, speaking for myself, is not necessary because the fork is here.

And even if someone (individual or group) create a new fork some problems still there because the main problem now is not defined what must be done. New features, just fixes or improvements etc etc.
A new fork, depending of witch people would drive that fork will always have a more specific way of thinking for their business cases or their knowledge areas.

We have now more tools than ever to contribute.
For that, we should open a discussion like a webform for community put their needs and vote for improvements or new functionalities so we have a better understanding of what people is looking for.
Vtiger team may have some data collected in the past years when vtiger is installed (selecting the business case).
Community can have some similar if some "vote data" is collected.

Maybe we don’t need Vtiger 7 “depending of what is bringing for community”

About new features, sometimes they try to fill CRM’s in a way that gets massive and software looses his direction when try to include everything and that’s why extensions are great.

Best Regards.

Manuel