[Vtigercrm-developers] Roadmap 6.5 and 7

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Thu Apr 28 11:54:17 GMT 2016

 >> I can only imagine how badly it must feel if you know the old
vtiger, the slow down must feel even heavier.

No, not heavier, exactly the same, it has been exactly the same for the
past 10 years, nothing has changed. This conversation hasn't changed at
all in all that time. What is incredible is that we are still listening
and participating :-)

 >> I would love to see fork run by joint Alan's (both), Joe & Andrea,
Simone, Manuel, Conrado and ...

I truly doubt this will ever happen.

Joe
TSolucio

On 28/04/16 13:01, Preexo wrote:
> I have only started using vtiger since a year, so I am relatively fresh to
> this open source project and I did not experience vtiger before version 6.1.
> Still I can tell that the contribution in the open source project by the
> vtiger company have slowed down dramatically. I can only imagine how badly
> it must feel if you know the old vtiger, the slow down must feel even
> heavier.
>
> The change to gitlab could have started a really great new time with many
> changes from the community, collaboration, users totally unrelated to the
> vtiger company making it an awesome product, because that's what open source
> is about, right...?
> It didn't... The change to gitlab only made more transparent how little
> interest vtiger has in community changes and driving the open source project
> to something awesome. Well done vtiger...
>

> Stacey Johnson wrote
>> If not.......... I would love to see fork run by joint Alan's (both), Joe
>> &
>> Andrea, Simone, Manuel, Conrado and few more from this list - in friendly
>> and honest collaboration
>> which will respect "free code and community".
> So yeah, I would also love to see a fork by the team you suggest @Stacey!
> In case the fork is not going to happen, could Alan, Alan, Joe, Andrea,
> Simone, Manuel, Conrado share with us why this is not an option to them? As
> far as I have understood all of you are living of selling consultation and
> CRM customization to companies... wouldn't it make sense to have your own
> product? Who knows if you would do it so much better than vtiger in the end,
> but at the moment anything is better, really....
> Like Stacey, I also hope you give it a think.
>
> Until then I will stick with this (Yetiforce might be awesome, but I don't
> like the vibes from that project) and add commits and merge requests to a
> project that no one ever knows if they stand a chance making their way into
> the core, not even getting any feedback, what other choice do I have? I feel
> very dependent since a long time already (having bought all those fancy
> extensions that fill the gap of vtigers core), well done again vtiger... you
> destroyed any left freedom and openness.

Un saludo
Joe
TSolucio