[Vtigercrm-developers] How to handle a status field for related_list ?

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:30:52 GMT 2016

Hi,

I need to add some kind of status field (picklist) for related list, the
same kind of field that you will find when adding or selecting Contacts from
a Campaign.

I know how it works and I've already use the same structure but I would like
to know if someone know a better way ?

I find it's quite complicated for such a simple thing, also it's not
compatible with Reports module (need another piece of code) while I think
it's common to have this kind of request.

Imagine you did an email campaign to advertise a new service to your
existing contacts, some customers will reply they are interested, other may
be interested in the future and some other not at all.
How do you guys handle these informations ?
IMO, if a customer is interested, I could add the new service to my contact
related list and define its status as "Interested" directly.

Do I miss something ?