[Vtigercrm-developers] Q. On Migration script 540_to_600.php

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 09:23:21 GMT 2015

Around line 1180 are a couple of lines that create a new table:

> $sqltimelogTable = "CREATE TABLE vtiger_sqltimelog ( id integer, type VARCHAR(10),

> 					data text, started decimal(18,2), ended decimal(18,2), loggedon datetime)";

> Migration_Index_View::ExecuteQuery($sqltimelogTable, array());

And some way further down this script this table's columns are modified
a bit:

> Migration_Index_View::ExecuteQuery('ALTER TABLE vtiger_sqltimelog MODIFY started DECIMAL(20,6)', array());

> Migration_Index_View::ExecuteQuery('ALTER TABLE vtiger_sqltimelog MODIFY ended DECIMAL(20,6)', array());

But, other than that I find no other reference to this table anywhere
apart from one line in include/database/PearDatabase.php:203 which
indicates it is used by the performance pref: SQL_LOG_INCLUDE_CALLER.

However, in all _new_ installations of vtiger, from 6.0.0 onwards I do
not find this table to be present.

I often wondered what that setting was for in config.performance.php.
But it seems as though it will never be used in any version other than a
system migrated from 5.4.0 to 6.0.0.

When this table does exist and you enable that setting it makes things
*very* slow. And I think that that table is likely to get very large
very quickly...

Al