[Vtigercrm-developers] two or more vtiger instances share product and organization database

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 03:40:53 GMT 2015

I have three offices starting to use vtiger soon. The offices all belong to
the same company group and all deal with the same list of products. Now the
offices asked me to customize the three vtiger installations so that they
all use the same product database. If one of the offices changes something,
it should be changed for all other offices as well. I am investigating on
how to achieve something like this. I wonder if synchronizing is easier than
actually connecting to the same mysql database, bust just for the products.
If the concept works, they will very likely ask to do the same thing with
organizations and contacts, but that's it.

Has anyone ever done something like this? I have done something like this
with other software before (several onlineshops all connecting to the same
product mysql database) and achieved great results, but maybe someone has
already made experience with vtiger and wants to share. Bad and good both
welcome :)
I'll share as soon as I learned more about it.