[Vtigercrm-developers] Help about Workflow

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 16:15:24 GMT 2015

On 05/09/15 16:48, Ranieri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need complete and check some fields before saving  a record.
>
> If I use a workflow only after save right?

Yes, but you can always update the record after it has been saved. There
is no problem with that.

> Is possible created a workflow ( or another function or code ) for
> checking any data before  a save record?
>
> My intention not change a vTiger code ( hard code )
>
> Example:
>
> When user put a postal code, i will execute a API to get street name,
> city, state, country and put that information at proper field, and set
> each field a mandatory.

You could write an Event Handler and trigger on the
vtiger.entity.beforesave event.

Or, personally, I would write my own Javascript class and custom actions
to deal with all this via Ajax so the fields are populated whilst the
user sees it happening. You could wrap all this in a custom module and
load the Javascript class using a HEADERSCRIPT link type.

HTH

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk