[Vtigercrm-developers] Custom Date Fields still broken in Reports

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Mon Oct 19 14:22:55 GMT 2015

Vtiger 6.4 enables multi-layout support
<http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/extensions/examples/layout-i386-v1.html>
and Vtiger 7 on Ondemand builds on-top of this framework.

The version difference is mainly for due to significant UI changes being
offered on the service (than earlier) .
This new-layout is still under development is updates are pushed every-day.
Which is a bit of challenge to achieve
the same as product releases.

Is Vtiger being abandoned very slowy?

No.

The on demand can happily always offer more features than the os version.
> But vtiger should put those features up on the marketplace as modules so
> that we can buy those for our os installations and don't have to reinvent
> the wheel all the time.

Features developed for Ondemand are dependent on home-grown services which
cease to work without it. So moving them on to marketplace is not possible.

The vtiger forum and this mailing list are very bad to use. So is the svn
> repository. If you want us open source users and developers actually
> contribute, consider moving the repository to a modern repo like github,
> offer a nice to use platform for everyone, don't be stuck with the dodgy
> sourceforge and become fakers like they are.

We are ambitious to migrate trac.vtiger.com to new-repository, our operation
team did experiment with Gitlab and confident to turn it to production
sooner.

Answer the question: Do you want us to contribute?

Yes - we appreciate it as always.

Regards,
Prasad
Vtiger Team