[Vtigercrm-developers] Cannot find/let alone edit the email content of Tickets

Bernard Bailey bernard.bailey at timezone.co.nz
Wed Oct 14 05:06:58 GMT 2015

Hi developers,

>   3. Re: Cannot find/let alone edit the email content of Tickets  - (Rebecca
Stanek)
>Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Cannot find/let alone edit the  email
content of Tickets

>You'll find the emails in the workflows. When you edit the workflow through
the admin section you'll find a section to edit the email.

Thanks Rebecca,

You started me on a trail through HelpDesk workflows which do have template
development functions.  I was trying to find the source of the  email which is
sent on adding a new ticket from the HelpDesk module only, not the portal.

I found the code in C:\Program
Files\vtigercrm-5.4.0\apache\htdocs\yourCRMname\modules\HelpDesk\HelpDesk.php.
I was able to make some changes to the email detail, but could not get the
'created by' field (smcreatorid in vtiger_crmentity)/User Name  to show up in
the email after the 'Solution :' field data.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Cheers
Bernard