[Vtigercrm-developers] edit field type

lucia digirolamo l.digirolamo at websonica.net
Wed Oct 7 17:57:02 GMT 2015

Hi,

A while ago I created a custom field for my Organizations module to hold
the vat number. Now I just realized that this custom field does not keep
the leading zeros. I don't remember what type I used, probably integer,
since vat number contains no letters, but surely is not a text type,
because I creating a new text field for testing purpose and if I enter
here a number starting with zero, the zero is kept. But I cannot simply
delete the existing field and substitute it with a new text field
because if I do I would lose all the data that have been already
inserted. So I have to change the type of this custom field from
whatever it is now (that doesn't keep zeros) to a text field (which
keeps zeros).

Is there a way I can achieve this?

thanks