[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6.2 fresh install - Mailconverter

Manu urs manu.k at vtiger.com
Mon Jun 29 14:27:13 GMT 2015

Hi

As you suggest last name of the from email id is the better  option than
the subject of the receiving mail  for the  contact "Last name" field .
Here is the trac <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8589> link
for the  above request .  We will shortly address this issue.

Regards,
Manu Urs

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Stacey Johnson <stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Seems like "soon" get extended?
> Until you "look into this" of course..
> if so, any action is planned :-)

> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks! for the valuable thought sharing regarding the update,
>>
>> We have recorded this issue here in a trac
>> <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8561#ticket>, will look
>> into this.
>>
>> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> The php imap library has all the built in functions to help extract a
>>> "nice name" from the email address when it is the standard form:
>>>
>>> john.smith at email.com <John Smith>
>>>
>>> http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-headerinfo.php
>>>
>>> Al
>>>

>>> --