[Vtigercrm-developers] Problems with workflow 6.2

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:04:16 GMT 2015

On 01/07/15 08:30, Christophe Humbert wrote:
> Hello Guys
>
> until now I was using a webcron to launch vtigercron.php but I would
> like ti use the cron of my shared hosting (no access to shell) and when
> I am launching the vtigercron.php through the cron I have the following
> : error reading from the headers  anyone an idea

I would try and use the shell helper script rather than run php directly.

So your cron entry looks like:

> */15 * * * * sh /path/to/vtiger/cron/vtigercron.sh

<rant>
Shared hosts are a complete PITA.

Some shared hosts limit the version of the PHP cli your cron can access.

Another thing we found with our GeoTools module on shared hosts can be
that the cron jobs are limited to some arbitrary time and they can be
terminated by the shared hosting engine (CPanel, Plesk or whatever) so
be aware that if you have a long job (like an import or loads of
emails/workflows) then the script might get killed prematurely.
</rant>