[Vtigercrm-developers] Handle product with different serial number

Lajeesh lajeeshk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 05:08:58 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to discuss a scenario with you and hear from you.

For example we have a product iPhone 5s to sell. There will be 100s of iPhone 5s. We need to track the sale of each product with barcode or serial no. We need to know which customer own which product.  Also we need to know quantity in stock.

    we can do it in 2 ways . One is  single record for iPhone 5s and quantity in stock as 100. In this method we have the trac of quantity but cannot trac barcode or serial no.

   second method is to create record for each single piece of product. Thus we can track product with barcode.

   Also we will be giving/ assigning product to sales person

Please suggest me a way to handle this situation

Regards
Lajeesh