[Vtigercrm-developers] Comments and Update Timestamp.

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Jan 23 17:05:27 GMT 2015

*This is definitely not an optimal solution. This formatting functionality
occurs in quite a lot of templates so requires editing of many files... It
strikes me that this kind of thing should only be defined in one place; not
necessarily a user-configurable setting but it shouldn't be so "hard-coded"
(in my humble opinion).*

Sure Alan, I can understand your point we will take care of this coding
guidelines strictly going ahead.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/01/15 13:20, Alan Lord wrote:
>
>> On 23/01/15 05:52, Uma S wrote:
>>

>  I mean we are using formatDateTimeIntoDayString() api for title
>>> attribute and formatDateDiffInStrings() api to display actual value as
>>> "2 days ago". So using this according to your needs will help.
>>>
>>> You can check this case in file
>>> layouts/vlayout/modules/Vtiger/Comment.tpl
>>>

>> Thanks Uma, I understand and can change this now.
>>

> This is definitely not an optimal solution. This formatting functionality
> occurs in quite a lot of templates so requires editing of many files... It
> strikes me that this kind of thing should only be defined in one place; not
> necessarily a user-configurable setting but it shouldn't be so "hard-coded"
> (in my humble opinion).
>
> I have swapped the formatting for my customer so they have the
> formatDateDiffInStrings() in the title attribute and the
> formatDateTimeIntoDayString as the actual text display.
>
> Al

With
Best Regards
Uma.S