[Vtigercrm-developers] Comments and Update Timestamp.

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:20:36 GMT 2015

On 23/01/15 13:20, Alan Lord wrote:
> On 23/01/15 05:52, Uma S wrote:

>> I mean we are using formatDateTimeIntoDayString() api for title
>> attribute and formatDateDiffInStrings() api to display actual value as
>> "2 days ago". So using this according to your needs will help.
>>
>> You can check this case in file
>> layouts/vlayout/modules/Vtiger/Comment.tpl
>
> Thanks Uma, I understand and can change this now.

This is definitely not an optimal solution. This formatting
functionality occurs in quite a lot of templates so requires editing of
many files... It strikes me that this kind of thing should only be
defined in one place; not necessarily a user-configurable setting but it
shouldn't be so "hard-coded" (in my humble opinion).

I have swapped the formatting for my customer so they have the
formatDateDiffInStrings() in the title attribute and the
formatDateTimeIntoDayString as the actual text display.