[Vtigercrm-developers] Shared Calendar performance

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Thu Jan 22 04:51:32 GMT 2015

Hi Alan,

Thanks! for the notification and quick fix regarding the calendar
performance issue.

I have raised a ticket in trac
<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8402#ticket> for same.
Please do update your further observations regarding this here in trac. we
will look into this soon.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> at the moment the shared calendar in vtiger does one request per person to
> get the events, so if you have 20 people in the calendar that is 20 POST
> requests to vtiger, with form data like:
>
> module:Calendar
> action:Feed
> start:2013-12-29
> end:2014-02-09
> type:Events
> userid:70
> color:#7e5c1d
> textColor:white
>
> browsers have a limit of 6 parallel requests per server (the RFC says it
> should only be 2) and this isn't going to change (Google say that if it is
> a problem then your web application is broken, not their browser), this
> means that it can't get the data for more than 6 people until one of the
> first requests has come back, this means that if you have more than 6
> people on the calendar it starts to slow down rather a lot.
> You also don't get any clue that anything is happening until they all show
> up at once. This is because around line 925 of libraries/fullcalendar/fullcalendar.js
> there is a little bit of code that stops it rendering the calendar until
> the count of pending requests is zero. Commenting out the if statement like
> this:
>
>                                 //if (!pendingSourceCnt) {
>                                         reportEvents(cache);
>                                 //}
>
> makes it render the calendars progressively. It isn't any faster overall,
> but it looks more responsive. At the moment it does ajax requests to
> progressively get the data, but it doesn't show the user anything until all
> the data has arrived, which in my opinion is not really doing ajax properly.
>
> The real solution to this is to have a multi-id feed request for the
> calendar, so it does one request containing an array of IDs and colours and
> this gets processed on the server and there is a single response with all
> of the data. Is this something that is going to happen in a future release
> or should I crack on and write it in this one?
>
> Alan.

With
Best Regards
Uma.S