[Vtigercrm-developers] Readonly fields at record-level?

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Thu Jan 22 04:45:39 GMT 2015

Hi Alan,

*So, is there any way I can access the current Record object from the Field
object directly? Or do I have pass information through the three classes
already mentioned?*

Currently there is no way you can access Record object from Field object
directly. As you said you need to pass information through {Detail,Edit}
RecordStructure.php->Block.php->Field.php.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 21/01/15 14:42, Prasad wrote:
>
>> This is a bit more complicated - as it needs to be handled with
>> Webservices too.
>>

> Hah - actually in this particular case it doesn't!
>
> The Account records that are to have fields made read only will be
> effectively a "slave" to an authoritative other system in the customer's
> network (like and accounting/erp system) that might subsequently update any
> of these particular fields via the webservices API. The only place, for
> example the Account's Company number may subsequently be changed is from
> the other system, not vtiger. They are separate sets of users.
>
> So, is there any way I can access the current Record object from the Field
> object directly? Or do I have pass information through the three classes
> already mentioned?
>
> Cheers
>

> Al
>

> --