[Vtigercrm-developers] Readonly fields at record-level?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:41:44 GMT 2015

On 21/01/15 14:42, Prasad wrote:
> This is a bit more complicated - as it needs to be handled with
> Webservices too.

Hah - actually in this particular case it doesn't!

The Account records that are to have fields made read only will be
effectively a "slave" to an authoritative other system in the customer's
network (like and accounting/erp system) that might subsequently update
any of these particular fields via the webservices API. The only place,
for example the Account's Company number may subsequently be changed is
from the other system, not vtiger. They are separate sets of users.

So, is there any way I can access the current Record object from the
Field object directly? Or do I have pass information through the three
classes already mentioned?

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk