[Vtigercrm-developers] Hide/Prevent Todos?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:01:47 GMT 2015

On 19/02/15 19:55, Richard Hills - Technologywise wrote:
> Hi Alan
>
> Actually I would like to do this also, may not have time to look before
> you so please let me know if you find anything. Will do the same.

As I expected, it's not totally trivial.

You can hide the "Add ToDo" action links fairly easily just by
commenting out the relevant CalendarActionLinks[] array in the various
modules' DetailView Model classes.

(Note for vtiger developers: however, I thought action links were much
better handled when they were in the database and not *hardcoded* in the
View classes - why was this done? What benefit does it provide?).

The Quick Create template however is a bit of a mess. I was hoping that
by simply removing "Calendar" from the

> $moduleList = array('Calendar','Events');

in the QuickCreateAjax View class that would do the trick but the
template fails to render properly (no submit cancel buttons and no
scroll bars) as it expects there to be these two modules - which is a
shame. So I think I'm going to have to hack the template or create a new
one to remove ToDos from here.

The one good thing though, is that the Quick Create template seems to be
really the main way to get to the Create Event or Todo full form so I'm
guessing once it's been removed from the Quick Create template and
hidden in the action links there isn't much else required.

HTH