[Vtigercrm-developers] extend Validation engine

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:38:47 GMT 2015

In vtiger 5.4.0 we had a little javascript library that we used
frequently to allow us to create fairly complex and arbitrary validation
rules prior to a user being able to edit/save a record.

When this library loaded, in Detail view it replaced the
"dtlViewAjaxSave" onclick event function with our own which we called
first before passing a successful save request on to it. In EditView we
simply overode the Save button default action to achieve the same result.

I've started to look at a way of having a similar tool available for us
to use in vtiger 6 but am struggling a bit with the right way to
intercept the save events (or even if I should do it that way at all?)

Perhaps I should be adding new data-validation-engine attributes to the
fields we want to intercept? Can I have more than one attribute of the
same name on a single input element?

Should we be doing something completely different?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

al