[Vtigercrm-developers] Error w. picklists

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Feb 6 06:39:48 GMT 2015

Hi,

Thanks! for notification and clear explanation about test-case scenario.

Special characters like comma(,) is not allowed for pick-list values either
during creation of pick-list or while editing through pick-list editor, It
throws warning as special characters not allowed.

During mapping of pick-list through pick-list dependency setup also this
works fine, will display all values of pick-list.

We have tested the above case scenario with latest vtiger 6.2.0 source.

Can you please provide clarification on, how you were able to achieve the
below mentioned point?

*But - if I add the picklist first, and then later under "picklisteditor"
add the values, then I CAN add a value like "Somewhere, sometown,
somecountry" , ie. make "Somewhere, sometown, somecountry" , "Otherewhere,
othertown, othercountry", etc.*

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM, socialboostdk <socialboostdk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there Uma & co :)
>
> I've found a small bug w. picklists.
>
> Ie. normally, when adding a picklist its not possible to include comma
> (",") in the list, as this will trigger a new option in the picklist. Ie
> "Somewhere, sometown, somecountry" becomes "Somewhere" + "sometown" +
> "somecountry".
>
> But - if I add the picklist first, and then later under "picklisteditor"
> add the values, then I CAN add a value like "Somewhere, sometown,
> somecountry" , ie. make "Somewhere, sometown, somecountry" , "Otherewhere,
> othertown, othercountry", etc.
>
> This kinda works :)
>
> But, then if i want to make picklist dependency - which is possible to set
> up with the above values - then the acutal contents shown in the picklists
> are not showing. Ie. the "dependant" picklist no 2 is not having the values
> shown in its drop-down.
>
> There are 3 options as I see it, in prioritized order:
>
> 1) Either this should be fixed so we can indeed use comma, which is
> clearly preferred. As a minimum this means fixing the picklist-dependancy
> setup, so this is robust. Perhaps even the "add-new-fields" option, while
> this is not a requirement.
>
> 2) There is perhaps a small loophole ie. a comma can be shown as two
> different ascii-charcters (, vs ‚) -  dont know if this would work?
>
> 3) Make it so that you cannot add comma under picklist-editor either, so
> the picklist-dependancy setup is robust.
>
> :)
>
> Chris

With
Best Regards