[Vtigercrm-developers] Error w. picklists

socialboostdk socialboostdk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:56:44 GMT 2015

Hi there Uma & co :)

I've found a small bug w. picklists.

Ie. normally, when adding a picklist its not possible to include comma
(",") in the list, as this will trigger a new option in the picklist. Ie
"Somewhere, sometown, somecountry" becomes "Somewhere" + "sometown" +
"somecountry".

But - if I add the picklist first, and then later under "picklisteditor"
add the values, then I CAN add a value like "Somewhere, sometown,
somecountry" , ie. make "Somewhere, sometown, somecountry" , "Otherewhere,
othertown, othercountry", etc.

This kinda works :)

But, then if i want to make picklist dependency - which is possible to set
up with the above values - then the acutal contents shown in the picklists
are not showing. Ie. the "dependant" picklist no 2 is not having the values
shown in its drop-down.

There are 3 options as I see it, in prioritized order:

1) Either this should be fixed so we can indeed use comma, which is clearly
preferred. As a minimum this means fixing the picklist-dependancy setup, so
this is robust. Perhaps even the "add-new-fields" option, while this is not
a requirement.

2) There is perhaps a small loophole ie. a comma can be shown as two
different ascii-charcters (, vs ‚) -  dont know if this would work?

3) Make it so that you cannot add comma under picklist-editor either, so
the picklist-dependancy setup is robust.

:)

Chris