[Vtigercrm-developers] Cluebat required...

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Wed Dec 16 20:09:12 GMT 2015

If I got it right- you are trying to achieve the effect shown here:
https://yetiforce.com/community/alan/dFrs/dFrs_1.png [2]. What you see
here, in my opinion [I didn't check this from the programmer's point of
view], is the same view as the open source version view [which means
it's based on plain DIV] , with the difference that they changed the
content [in the open source version it's a <UL > list , and in the On
Demand version and it's nicely formatted, divided and are actions are
added]. But the mechanism is exactly the same. The key question is what
you want to achieve:

	*

Expand the default browser with new functionalities
	*

Use a similar solution somewhere in your module

If you're interested in the first one [expanding the search window with
let's say pagination, results limit] then it would be good to check how
we changed that, because

a) We added the autocomplete mechanism
https://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/ [3] .

b) There's an icon that leads to the list of found records next to each
module name and in results [sorted per module, just like in the OD
picture]. Check these screens:

https://yetiforce.com/community/alan/dFrs/dFrs_2.png [4]
https://yetiforce.com/community/alan/dFrs/dFrs_3.png [5].

This way we achieved something you can see in OD, which is the option to
go from search to the records list, where all our tools are.

c) The order of modules, for which the system searches, is configurable.

d) The fields to search by are configurable.

e) We separated the UIType10 from the browser.

If you're interested in the second one, then it's enough to properly
"divide" the results and format them nicely. And that can be done
wherever you want - in this case the results are put into simple DIV. An
example of a similar solution is this mechanism:
https://www.datatables.net/ [6], which we used here
https://yetiforce.com/community/alan/dFrs/dFrs_4.gif [7] . In this case
it would be enough to generate date from module A, than module B , C, D
, etc.

If that's not what you meant, then describe it in more detail, maybe
we've done something similar.
---

Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
_Chief Executive Officer_
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
-------------------------

We created an innovative open source project called YetiForceCRM. You
can test it here [8], download [9] it for free or read its documentation
[10]. Follow us on Twitter [11] to get real-time info about new
functionalities and articles.

W dniu 2015-12-15 15:22, Alan Lord napisał(a):

> On 15/12/15 14:12, Błażej Pabiszczak wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> have you seen how this mechanism works in our system? I think it's well
>> optimized and has a configuration panel. And the most important thing -
>> you have a ready-made code.
>
> Thanks for the reply. I just logged in to your demo system but am not sure where I can see a page/module layout that displays multiple lists on the same page...
>
> Al

> http://www.vtiger.com/ [1]

Links:
------