[Vtigercrm-developers] New free responsive template for vtiger 6 with installer

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Wed Aug 12 10:51:52 GMT 2015

On 12/08/15 02:43, Hamono, Chris (DPC) wrote:
> It's hard not to be cynical isn't it.

Yup. very.

> Doug unfortunately just seems to take pot shots at people. Constructive criticism is a better tack.

With due respect to Doug, and many like  him, I think it is born out of
frustration of trying to be constructively critical, and still being
ignored even when lots of people agree with what you have said. Apart
from the devs themselves that is !

It sometimes takes a while before you fall in that no matter what you
say, they have their own agenda and are not going to listen to you
unless it fits with their own goals.

That is hugely frustrating. See the number of really good devs who have
come and gone here after realising that they were not going to be
listened too.

As I have often said, vTiger is good, but it could be SO much better if
there was better community interaction. 4 years waiting for a simple
patch to be implemented is ridiculous. You just give up in the end. Fix
what you need for yourself and get on with it. Hardly encouraging
community spirit....

> On the plus side for vtiger there is no obligation for them to run this forum yet they do.

Indeed, though as has been mentioned, it is AWFUL. And after vTiger
'lost' my account some years back along with a lot of useful
information, I never bothered re-registering. So the community miss out
on mine (and probably others) help. I'm no rocket scientist, but could
answer a lot of the basic stuff for people. What a waste.

Guess it is just time before there will be YAF - Yet Another Fork. Shame
because if vTiger listened and worked with devs then it most likely
wouldn't happen, and all that work going in different directions would
have been concentrated on one product....

Headbang....again :-)

B. Rgds
John