[Vtigercrm-developers] vtws_revise no errors returned...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:52:44 GMT 2015

On 22/04/15 17:31, estevan wrote:
> before update use vtws_describe, i think you are forgetting something about
> mandatory fields or assigned_user

What?

This post was about me doing a *test* and trying to update/revise a
module record.

As part of my testing I tried to do a revise operation when the field
isn't even created in the target module.

The revise operation apparently succeeds and reports no errors.

This was my point - mainly aimed at the vtiger developers - that perhaps
the Webservices functions should be checking and returning an error.

As the Revise or Update functions are now, it means that if you have an
error in *your* code like a misspelled fieldname the Update or Revise
operation will, from your code's point of view, have succeeded. This
seems to me to be bad.