[Vtigercrm-developers] linking organisations contacts and users

Hamono, Chris (DPC) Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Thu Apr 16 03:07:19 GMT 2015

We have a large organisation with some 300 agencies each of these agencies will have 4-5 users so we are looking at having some 1500 users on the system. Each of these users will be performing a particular role within the agency.

Security is an imperative. So one agency cannot share user information with another agency.

Users must be able to have roles assigned

Agency administrators must be able to create delete and manage their own users/contacts

What we would like to do is to use the organisations module to manage and report on these users.

Rather than rewrite a lot of code I wanted to see if anyone had any experience in this area. Can we use the organisation module to manage users. Perhaps by linking users and contacts together in some way.

Chris