[Vtigercrm-developers] Questions regarding upgrade path from 5.4 to 6.1

Richard Hills - Technologywise richard at tw.co.nz
Thu Sep 18 03:13:18 GMT 2014

Great to see 6.1 is finally ready, now to get our system updated.

In order to upgrade from 5.4 I am aware I need to go through the 6.0
upgrade path and then 6.1.

Can anyone confirm if I need to / should / should not apply the 5.4/6.0
security patches as a part of this update process? We already have the
5.4 patches installed on our 5.4 version however I am sure we will have
customers come to us with unpatched 5.4 installations from other
providers in the future and would like to know how to handle those.

Also I saw some bugs have already been squashed in the 6.1 release, will
a 6.1.1 patch or something similar be supplied, or do we just have to
attempt to manually patch any fixes after the install? Got a little
worried when I saw (I think) Prasad mentioning that the 6.1 downloads
had simply been replaced with patched versions earlier.

Thanks in advance for any info.

--
Richard Hills
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ