[Vtigercrm-developers] How can I translate these strings

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:02:46 GMT 2014

The "No" issue exists in Hungarian too.
In English simple 'No' -> in Hungarian 'Nem', 'Nem volt', 'Nincs' or
'Nincsenek' depending from the text environment, sometimes with
different order of words (when vtiger composes the message from 2 or 3
different string).
If the message string is in the format "blabla *%s* blabla blabla" then
easy to translate and the right word order creates with moving '%s' to
the right place. But sometimes the language strings do not use the
possibility of PHP printf, sprintf %s parameter.

The items shown in the screen shoots are database items and the list
view names, custom view names as well.
I think the only method of translating them is to
(1) run a database correction SQL script to change these names to the
proper language script - after install or
(2) at the install time the data-populator script will count the main
language of the instance and will populate to the database the right
strings.

Regards:
István