[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 5.4.0: displaytype 4 mandatory field not mandatory

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:58:21 GMT 2014

I have a few modules where I have added a UI10 field that links to a
custom vtlib module. I want this field to behave like a displaytype 4
field, that is, it can only be edited when the record is first created.

These fields are also set as mandatory in typeofdata in vtiger_field,
and when creating a new record, the field has a red star next to it.

However, I am able to save the record without populating this field!

Any one got any pointers as to where I need to look to fix this?

Thanks

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk