[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow Related Modules For Create Entity

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Mon Oct 27 06:33:32 GMT 2014

Hi,

How do I add a related Module to the Workflow step for creating an entity
record or updating a field?

Right now updating related module field on creation of entity record is not
supported.

I have a custom module called Demonstrations. When a new demonstration
record has been created with the time and date when the User clicks Save I
want an Activity record automatically created to match the date and time on
the demonstration record.

For this example, you can achieve through, 3 step of workflow add task. By
creating
Event/ Todo

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Rebecca Stanek <rlstanek at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I add a related Module to the Workflow step for creating an entity
> record or updating a field?
>
> For example: I want a field in Products module called YTD Amount to
> automatically be updated when a User saves an Opportunity record and the
> Sales Stage is Closed Won. The Workflow would calculate the Amount of the
> Opportunity record and update the YTD field in the Product record.
>
> Another example:
> I have a custom module called Demonstrations. When a new demonstration
> record has been created with the time and date when the User clicks Save I
> want an Activity record automatically created to match the date and time on
> the demonstration record.
>
> Thank you!
> Rebecca

With