[Vtigercrm-developers] YetiForce 0.0.3 and other forks

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Tue Oct 14 12:47:32 GMT 2014

Blazej,

If we are living in the same neighborhood, we could have talked this out
over a coffee. We do value your contributions to the community and wish you
success with Yetiforce. As i said, every fork is further validation that
the platform is good .We chose the mozilla license to allow forks. There
have been many before, there will be more in the future.

Let me say respond to 3 things.

*I completely understand the reluctance of Vtiger towards our YetiForce, *

Are you saying we are reluctant because we asked you to not post updates
about Yetiforce on vtigercrm-developers list?

*Vtiger won't transfer any functions from our YetiForce, even if the
> community needs them. They seem to move to the direction of complete CRM
> commercialization ignoring the community and moving away the on demand
> version from the open source version more and more.*

It is the opposite. I have asked you 4 months ago, and few times later,
whether you need any assistance in making your extensions available to the
community via the marketplace. You did not respond to my emails for reasons
which were not obvious to me earlier.

We are not going to be packing 100 modules into a downloadable product.
For the same reason that your phone doesn't come loaded with all the apps.
That would be silly and make the product too bulky. Not all users need all
the features.

*You prefer to talk for a few days about the functionality that we give it
> to you on the plate. It's enough to copy it but you prefer to reinvent the
> wheel. It's even better to talk about an error for a few days and, in fact,
> this error can be checked within 15 minutes, but no one from people who
> discuss it is eager to do that. The list with changes that in most cases is
> helpful for everyone and can be deployed into Vtiger is just a spam for you
> and muscles in on your private actions. You have so many interesting
> subjects here, that there is no place for any other subjects. I feel really
> sorry for you.*

With all due respect, i did not understand what you are sorry about. You
don't have to be sorry for anything. We all love what we are doing, and are
excited about the future.

Regards,
Sreenivas