[Vtigercrm-developers] Coding Guidelines for vtiger CRM extensions

IT-Solutions4You info at its4you.sk
Thu Nov 20 13:17:55 GMT 2014

Hi to all developers ;-)

I see huge activity last days, we are happy with it. But I have a
please, can we keep the basic Coding Guidelines defined by vtiger team
to avoid compatibility problems in the future.

Link to Guidelines: https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/CodingGuidelines

Most important:

1/ Adding new module
We recommend you to use short prefix (company name) for your custom
module, like, MCLeads (here MC could be a short form of MyCompany)
In our case: ITS4YouDescriptions, etc

2/ OOP design and global functions
You will need to follow OOP design and ensure there are no global
functions defined. Use static or class methods instead. For the class
names make sure to use the module name as prefix, like, MCLeads,
MCLeads_Core, MCLeads_Utils

3/ Database
Tables should be all lower case, multiple words can be separated by
underscores, table names should have a prefix which is the developer's
name, for example all tables added by vtiger will have the prefix
vtiger_. A developer named Smart Solutions might name their tables
smartsol_. The purpose of this is to avoid name clashes.
In our case: its4you_descriptions, etc

We are trying to keep this guidelines too ;-)

Matus
ITS4You