[Vtigercrm-developers] Newbie question on translation process

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Mon Nov 17 06:05:39 GMT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your interest towards vtiger language translation.

You can share the language-pack with us through marketplace.vtiger.com. For
this you need to first sign-up with market-place after that you can upload
listing for review.

Please have a look at extension-store guidelines
<http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/marketplace/guidelines.html>.
Before uploading listing in market-place.

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 5:08 AM, Olivier Hallot <
olivier.hallot at libreoffice.org> wrote:

> Hi
> My name is Olivier and I use Vtiger OSS in my (small) business. I am
> also the translator of LibreOffice to pt-BR, a ten fold more complex and
> extensive application than Vtiger, I think.
>
> From my experience, Vtiger OSS handling of translations looks loose.
>
> So I decided to do my own pt-br translation, based on the en_us language.
>
> However many UI strings are not mapped properly into the en_us php
> language files. I already fixed a bunch of them, so they can get
> translated.
>
> Thus, one:Is the work I did of any use of the Vtiger community? If
> affirmative, to whom should I send it? Since I am a newbie here, I don't
> want to mess with established businesses.
>
> Two: I saw Vtiger translations hosted in Transifex service but it looks
> unmaintained. What is the official decision on using this tool? Is there
> another site hosting the official translations?
>
> Three: can the developers consider not to build english UI sentences by
> assembling individual words? When it comes to translation, the assembled
> sentence is awfull.
>
> Kind regards
> --
> Olivier Hallot