[Vtigercrm-developers] 6.1.0 es_es translation

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Thu May 8 07:14:23 GMT 2014

Hi,

So if I understand correctly you are proposing to completely eliminate
all reference to the author of the file (!)
I have been translating this for over 8 years and you want to eliminate
that credit to solve a consistency problem: now that is a real
motivator, I feel like picking up another language and translating it too...

Legally, I'm not sure you can do that, ethically and as a (inexistent)
community effort, it is devastating.

Joe
TSolucio

On 08/05/14 07:32, Uma S wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> I have raised a ticket for same in trac
> <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8033#ticket>. Please
> do have a look and update if any observation is missed. We will look
> into this soon.
>

> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:24 AM, Joe Bordes <joe at tsolucio.com
> <mailto:joe at tsolucio.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I just updated the 6.1.0 es_es translation.
>
>     I found that many of the files had been modified with incorrect
>     translations, and I mean REALLY INCORRECT, a mess... I do not
>     understand, I have no idea why those files where changed like
>     that, but it is ok, you can do whatever you want with the files
>     BUT none of the modified files had the header changed, so anybody
>     that opened them would see that the author of the last change was
>     ME  !!! Please, PLEASE, when you modify the file CHANGE the "last
>     change" date AND the author of that change. I do NOT want my name
>     associated to that type of translation.
>
>     You can find the latest translation on the forge, as usual.
>
>     Joe
>     TSolucio

>     http://www.vtiger.com/
>

> --