[Vtigercrm-developers] Tickets, mail converter and workflows

Max Clarke max at smarte.com.au
Wed Mar 26 03:49:34 GMT 2014

> 4. the mail converter assigns everything to administrator.
>>

>> You can assign to any user, either to administrator or another user. If
>> you want to assign converted tickets to different users based on ticket
>> properties, then the right place to do this is through workflows. After the
>> ticket is created, the workflow will execute to transfer the ticket to the
>> right user.
>>

> That's a good idea, thanks.

Just trying to implement this. I can only assign a workflow to all new
tickets, rather than just ones from the mail converter. I want to be able
to assign tickets from the mail converter to a specific user or group. I
figured the way to achieve this would be to implement a workflow that
filters new tickets based on who they're assigned to, since new tickets
from the mail converter are assigned to administrator. Then update the
assigned to field.

Can you elaborate on how to achieve this please? I'm getting close to just
giving up and hard coding it in __CreateTicket()...

Thanks